Friday, October 10, 2008

Making Personal Sense of the Market!




I made a personal decision last year. With all the bad news coming at us on a daily basis, I wasn’t going to see the glass half empty all the time. Even though the market was depressing and getting worse daily, I didn’t want to only focus on the negative and how it affected me. I knew there were places that I could give my time and attention and affect something positive.

I made one of the best decisions ever. I signed up for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and committed to the training and fund raising involved. I was captain for a great group of local women and together we raised over $25,000. At 55 years old, I was in the best shape ever and oh yes, for a short period in time I really could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight (stress short period of time)!

Plus on a daily basis, I would walk in the mornings and come into the office feeling positive and strong. I had the camaraderie of good people throughout the year, great exercise and the walk itself was a high. For two days we were surrounded by great community and the determination to achieve something big – no more breast cancer!

Once again I am reminded how much I get back when I focus on something bigger than myself. You can go to www.avonwalk.org (under San Francisco 2008) if you would like more information about my walk.

No comments: